Established Career Development and Writer Internship Program Increasing Workforce Resources
January 4, 2013
- Kennesaw State University International Website Initiative, United Intentions Foundation, Lake Park Police, Susan Rogers Travels, and other companies required assistance with website migrations, website updates, and blog article writers.
- Established GoogleJets Career Development Internship Program with ITT Technical Institute, Full Sail University, and other colleges.
- Managed and recruited 100% of the interns for website development, content management, editorial calendar, and writer program.
- Worked with Kennesaw State University art department’s International Website Initiative. Managed intern writers and developers to prioritize the implementation and deployment of complete website installation, design, themes, and setup.
- Created authoring requirements, training guides/materials, functional specifications, and standards with dialogues, component names, component groups, template names, workflows, content modeling, and access control lists.
- Collaborated with editorial teams and CMS teams to ensure content entry team is prepared for a content project and has all necessary training, documents and assets.
- Performed acceptance testing on components, CMS capabilities, and overall authoring experience.
- Created successful internship program resulting in increased workforce resources, minimized costs, and increased career intern experience with CMS development and content production.
- Program supplied website development and writer content for various industries including law enforcement, security, travel, non-profit, marketing, and social media channels to inform, educate, and sell readership.
- Implemented editorial and publishing calendar producing original scientific based and source referenced CMS articles, content, and landing pages.
- Interns gained college credit and valuable work experience through internship program.
- Interns built skills completing site development work while streamlining costs for nonprofit and other online projects.