Coca-Cola Consumer and Enterprise WordPress Hosting Migration Project
September 14, 2018
- Leadership requested to lower the hosting costs and improve performance / security for the WordPress CMS product.
- Vendor Analysis and decision to migrate all WordPress Content Product Sites from CenturyLink Hosting to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Managed and tracked scope, dependencies, pre-requisites, AWS environments, SSL, SAML, CodeCommit, UAT, and DNS changeover.
- Negotiated with agencies migration schedule. Worked with 2nd Watch architecture, 10up vendor, WP developers, and managers to remove impediments and keep project on track.
- Oversee and track problems in JIRA Project Management Tool.
- Inform and govern CodeCommit training and new deployment processes.
- New and existing products fully migrated to new AWS environment with:
- Improved Content Product Performance.
- Enhanced the Performance of WordPress Content Product.
- Improved scalability.
- Reduce hosting costs.
- Increased security with enterprise level services.
- Automatic disaster recovery with infrastructure design.
- Ability to make quick system changes.
- Systems Integration of AWS, WordPress, Google Analysts, Salesforce, Plugins, and monitoring tools Splunk and AppDynamics.
- Consumer and Enterprise WordPress Sites included: