Coca-Cola Consumer and Enterprise Branded WordPress CMS Hosting Migration Project
August 13, 2016
- Leadership requested to lower the hosting costs and improve performance / security for the WordPress CMS branded product.
- Vendor Analysis and manager approval to migrate all WordPress Content Product Sites from CenturyLink Hosting to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Maintained close working relationships with management to understand technology goals and requirements.
- Provided functional product leadership, support and guidance to the project teams during the analysis, development and testing processes.
- Communicated project vision and negotiated migration schedule with agencies, managers, and stakeholders.
- Established and maintained strong working relationships with all IT and business partner teams.
- Participated with the development and maintenance of functional and technical system strategies focusing on systems integration.
- Facilitated system integration by working with 2nd Watch AWS architecture team, 10up WP vendor, WP developers, and managers to remove impediments and keep project on track.
- Ensured issues were being reported, tracked and resolved in JIRA Project Management Tool.
- Managed and tracked scope, dependencies, pre-requisites, AWS environments, SSL, SAML, CodeCommit, UAT, and DNS changeover.
- Identified and communicated risks (business, application, technical) associated with component or application implementation.
- Coordinated the execution of the stage and production environment testing with the project teams.
- Governed CodeCommit training and new deployment processes.
- Documented system integration and delivery (design, build, & deploy) of product procedures, processes, workflows, and design standards.
- New and existing branded products fully migrated to new AWS environment with:
- Improved Content Product Performance.
- Enhanced the Performance of WordPress Content Product.
- Improved scalability.
- Reduced hosting costs.
- Increased security with enterprise level services.
- Automatic disaster recovery with infrastructure design.
- Ability to make quick system changes.
- Systems Integration of AWS, WordPress, Google Analysts, Salesforce, Plugins, and monitoring tools Splunk and AppDynamics.
- Consumer and Enterprise WordPress Sites included: